Boston Aquarium Society Message Board

A forum for members and guests of the BAS
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:42 pm 
Former BAS Board

I just received the following email from Penny Faul:
Quote:
Jim White passed away Monday night in his sleep. After the autopsy the funeral arrangements will be by Carmon Funeral Home. Date and times has yet to be determined
For updates you can go to http://www.carmonfuneralhome.com/
Jim is survived by his Mother Marie White, at 11 Barry Ln. Windsor Ct. 06095

The passing of Jim White, is a great loss to the aquarium hobby, NEC and our sister clubs. When Jim first got involved with the NEC BOD, he was very quiet for at least three years. I asked him once; didn't he have an opinion on anything? He said that he didn't think anyone was interested in his opinion.
At the next BOD meeting, after a lengthy discussion where everyone had an opinion, I ask Jim if he an opinion on the subject. He most certainly did and we were glad to hear what he had to say.
Jim went on to take the chairmanship of several committees; one was the Photo Contest that we have every year at the Convention. He has made this become one of the greatest interests at the Convention.
Several years ago, at a convention, we had an auctioneer contest. Jim tried it out and came in second that year. Then proceeded to become the only auctioneer for his own club PVAS and then spread out to any sister club that would ask him. The last few years, he has been the only auctioneer at the NEC and sister clubs events.
I am proud to say; in 2005 he was the recipient of the NEC's Betty Mueller Honor. Given out to only a few of our Hard Working members, which we like to acknowledge.

We all will miss Jim.

There's not alot I can add to this - I have known Jim for many years now, and I wish I had gotten to know him better -- I saw him every year at the various auctions and the NEC convention, and I was often lucky enough to sit with him at the banquets. He was always great fun to sit with.
And I honestly CANNOT imagine an auction at any of the local clubs without him.

As soon as I know more I will post here.